Saturday, September 26, 2009

sat sept 26 day 13

My son and I biked over to the Fall Festival today - he was representing his scout troop. Felt okay on the bike even with the sore rib, I was able to bike, so I feel I'l be able to get some work outs in this week. So my meals were a little off today since I wasn't home.

Breakfast 8 am

1/2 apple
1 c oats
2 tbs nj greek yogurt
2 tbs flax, 1 tbs almonds
cinn
decaf green tea

snack (at festival) 11 am
Strawberry protein smoothie - made with water, strawberries, protein powder and ice
I was able to ask for what I wanted in the smoothie, they have healthy options available
all the other food there was fried and awful. My friend (on weight watchers) was snacking on french fries and I asked her how many points was that? She knows I'm doing this and she wants to lose weight but I guess the ff were calling her name. we left the festival and had to run a errand.

lunch 1:30

1/2 c cottage cheese
1/2 blueberries
2 tbs flax seed meal
didn't have time to make a salad and something else - grabbed this quick so we could leave to go down to our campground. Got down here after food shopping, so I'd have a nice fish meal tonight plus I needed some greens and fruit.
decaf green tea

snack 4:30

1 apple
1 tbs peanut butter

dinner 7 pm

5 oz haddock baked
2 c salad greens, 1 c spinach
1 tbs olive oil & lemon juice
1 tbs almonds
decaf green tea

64 oz water

Got down here and was cleaning outdoor items. Scrubbing and washing the kayaks, tarps, etc.
Now its raining, so we'll be working inside.

In case anyone didn't know - flax seed makes a great filler for a microwavable heat wrap. Just make a casing (about 5 in wide by 20 in long) for it out of some fabric, fill it with flax seed, sew it shut. I copied one my husband bought for me. Pop it in the microwave for 1 - 2 min and apply. I have it on my neck now. In the winter I take one or two to bed to warm it up - I made them as gifts for all my friends too.

Looking forward to next week and saturday when I will be biking 50 miles in the charity MS Bike Ride - good thing its our rest day! I 'm thinking body massage for sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment